Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beret de Printemps

I originally spun this yarn to be a lace shawl!
There were just 2 problems. It turned out to be a heavier weight than I had planned and I was terrified of the pattern.
As you may already know, I have only used one other lace chart pattern and it was for a pair of gloves. So as I sat looking at the shawl pattern I knew if I made any mistakes their would be A LOT of tearing out to do. So I thought a hat would be a nice thing to make a little bigger than a glove and not as daunting as the shawl. 
The pattern is Beret de Printemps by Jeni Chase and can be found on Ravelry.

The fiber is 100% Merino in a Rose Quartz colourway and was purchased from Stone Edge Fibers. I spun it as a 2ply with a WPI of 18. It was very nice to spin with, soft and easy to draft.
I had a little problem with the pattern. I was about half finished with the hat when I realized I had been reading the pattern wrong:( I pulled it out and started over. Funny how the stitches look so much better when you do the pattern the right way.
It was worth the time to do it over again, and I learned more about reading lace charts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!