Sunday, January 6, 2013

Amelia

I think it's time for me to introduce Amelia. I created her by modifying the pattern I made for Ella in order to make an 18" doll.  I used Aslan Trends Royal Alpaca in chocolate for her hair. It is so soft and silky I hope I can get it in other colours as well.

 Amelia is my very own doll (you can never be too old or young to have a doll) ,but she is also my business partner :) I do so love making the dolls and have had requests for some, so with the encouragement and support of friends and family especially my husband I decided to start my own hobby business.

I have named my business Tooken's Tale after some stories my children and I have made up.  Basically, Tookens come from the Land of Brung. They are sometimes seen in our land but are very shy so they often turn themselves into small creatures like butterflies and ladybugs when they are spotted.

 My goal is to be able to release a small collection of dolls and coordinating outfits seasonally on Etsy and offer custom dolls 2-3 times a year.  But for now I think I will make one doll at a time. I will try to post images as I create each one and announce when she will be ready for adoption on Etsy.

Each doll is an individual and though I may have a basic idea of what I will make she really takes shape through the process. I think there is something very special about handmade items. I take a lot of time and care choosing high quality materials for each part of the doll and her wardrobe. It is a joy to create them and think about their future homes and families.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!