Origianally I had planned on using Malbrigo's Rios in Sunset for her hair. The same yarn I used for Ella (who is at the top of my blog). But when I went to buy it they were all out. I went around to the other yarn stores in my area and they were all out to. One shop said that they have had it on back order for 3 months. So I figured I would have to come up with a different idea.
I'm actually glad they were out because it made me try something I haven't done before. I blended 3 different yarns to make her hair.
I have always wanted to try smocking and she really seemed like she needed a smocked dress. I hand gathered the fabric before I started the smocking. It was a nice process, kind of soothing like knitting. I liked it so much I did more smocking on the dress for my next doll Anna. And I have a feeling there will be more smocking coming up!
Angelina's sweater is knit from Cascade's 220 Superwash. I had the yarn for the sweater before I bought the material for the dress and when I saw the little dots of the same aqua blue I knew it would be perfect.