Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Embroidery


As I'm trying to catch up on my crafts from last year I realized I never made a post on my embroidery.

Last spring Gingermelon came out with a series of very cute embroideries. When I saw the "Walking the Dog" one I knew I had to get it. The girl in the picture had the same hairstyle as me!

The only problem was that I have a Boxer and the original had a sweet little wiener dog. So I drew up a new dog but left the rest of the embroidery the  same.

I really liked the mixing of coloured pencil and embroidery with beaded accents. It gives it a very soft look, and was fun to do, I haven't coloured in a while.

If you want to make one yourself you can find the pattern at Gingermelon's shop on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/165565067/walking-the-dog-pdf-embroidery-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!