Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Sister

After getting a waldorf doll for Christmas my daughter requested a baby sister for her.
What else could I do but get started.



 
As a baby I wanted to proportion her a little differently than Patience.

I made her arms and legs a little shorter and chubbier.  I also did some extra stitching at the elbows and knees to make them dimpled. I'm not sure if you can see well because of the hair, but I did add tiny ears to this doll.

 I wanted to give her fine thin hair  instead of a full thick head of hair. I believe what I used is a fingerling weight mohair blend. I misplaced the wrapper :(














Since this was my daughters big Christmas present I made a full layette set to go with her.
I don't know how many times I had to re draw the patterns to get them right but They're done.





I made 2 baby blankets, 2 kimono style pj's, 1 long sleeved onsie, 1 short sleeved onsie, 1 pair of pants, 3 diapers, 2 bibs, 2 burp cloths, 1 hat, 1 headband (top picture), 1zip up sleeper (below), 1 pair of booties, 1 bottle made out of wool felt, and 1 pouch to hold wipies with 3 wipies in it.

The onsies and the pair of pants( in solid pink) are made of cotton interlock. Everything else was made from cotton flannel.
She was very happily received and named Emily.

One day while I was working on a doll my son asked why I never make dolls for him.
I thought," Very good question indeed".
In my next post I will show how I fixed the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!