Thursday, August 30, 2012

more boy dolls

My son just loved the first doll I made him and since I wasn't able to wait until Christmas to give it to him, I thought I would try something different.

I had so much fun making Beth's crochet dolls for my daughter I thought I would make on for my son.
Why couldn't I turn a tea cup spirit into a gnome?







Beth is such an extraordinary doll maker, if you haven't made one of her patterns, today is the day to try.
You can fin the Tea Cup Spirit pattern here http://byhookbyhand.blogspot.com/search/label/Teacup%20Spirit at Beth's Blog By Hook By Hand.

I crocheted the wig cap out of an acrylic boucle. After I attached it to the head I crocheted a beard from one side of the cap to the other. Then I added a few long strands under the nose for a mustache.

The mustache is covering up the beard in this picture, if anyone is interested I can take a picture with the mustache lifted up to reveal the beard.

I drew out patterns for his clothes, boots and hat and made them out of wool felt.

I didn't want Mr. Gnome would be lonely without a friend, so I made Mr. Dwarf. He will be my next Post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!